Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring Try Outs....

Well...I didn't intend to be away from the blog so long.  Guess I just got buried by a snow drift for awhile.  And here it is spring, or what passes for spring in Michigan.  And there is weaving to be done:

So I have this warp, that you can see in the upper right quadrant of the photo.  It needed a weft, but I wasn't sure what color.  Time for spring try outs!  Excuse the tails left on the front of the woven fabric, but I wasn't taking notes and just relying on the tail of yarn to help me remember what color the weft was.

Another view of the same thing:



After washing and considering for awhile, I decided to go with the turquoise weft:
The weave structure is a turned M's & O's draft.  It looks very "waffel-y" when off the loom and wet finished, except both sides are presentable.  The colors differ just a little between the two sides.  All of the yarns are 8/2 rayon, except the lime green in the warp, which is 8/2 bamboo.  As always, you can click on the photo to see bigger.

Okay...still a lot of weaving to do, so I'm headed up to the looms.
Later I'll have to tell you about the great workshop we just had with Laurie Autio last week.  A lot of information that I'm still digesting! 

1 comment:

  1. And we missed you! Glad you are on the sunny end looking out towards spring and summer! The weaving looks wonderful.
    I want to hear about that workshop!!!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...