Friday, November 14, 2014

Seasonal Items

It seems that 2014 has been the year of the hat in my knitting life.  These two were knitted this week:

The hat on the right is the Able Cable hat and the hat on the left is the Jacques Cousteau hat.The yarn is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride in worsted weight.  The color is Orange You Glad.

And there is some weaving finished:

This is the fabric right off the loom.

Here it is after wet finishing and pressing.  Uhm...there wasn't that much shrinkage.  Guess I should have put the coin in to show scale in both photo's.  But it does show how the natural colored polyflax yarn settled into the fabric.

This piece is a table runner:
The fabric is reversible.
There are 6 placemats to go with the runner which are waiting to be hemmed.  Black thread, short hours of daylight...sigh.

Right now the looms are naked.  So I guess I'll be putting on some warps this weekend.
Hope you can spend the weekend doing just what you want to do.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Deflected double weave Valerie on the runner? In any case, it's a beauty and I can hardly wait to see the place mats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great colors . . . and weaving (of course!) What's the fiber?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The natural colored yarn is a polyflax blend mill end, similar in weight to a 10/2 cotton. The other yarns are 5/2 perle cotton: one shade of green and brown in the warp, another shade of green and black in the weft.
      Masculine colors...they are for my son's home and he picked the color scheme.

      Delete
  3. Valerie, it was lovely to hear from you on my blog! Your weaving and knitting are as spectacular as I last remember. Both hats and runner are about perfect.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...