Monday, May 19, 2014

A Woman With A Colorful Past....

I've always liked that phrase.  But it's not one that applies to me...my past is pretty beige.  But I do have a colorful present:

A finished pair of colorful socks knit from Regia BlitzColor.  There isn't really a bulge in my legs....it seems to be an optical effect of the stripes at that angle.  Sock selfies are hard to do.

And here's a rainbow of color in the Antarktis shawl pattern:

The yarn is Shoppel-Wolle Lace Ball and only used half of the ball.  I will most likely wear it like this:

There has also been some colorful spinning:
 This is ~1100 yds. for 5.5 oz. of 2 ply lace weight yarn spun from 50/50 merino tencel roving dyed by Yarn Hollow in the Sun Salutations colorway.  My intention is to use this for weaving.
As I was assembling this stuff, I noticed that orange keeps popping up in my projects in the last little while.  Don't know what that's about.

While I was wet finishing the above skein, I was reminded of two other hanks of handspun that were less that inspiring in their colors.  No before pictures, but here they are after a trip through the dyepots:
 The skein on the left is about 2.5 oz & ~650 yds of merino wool that started out as a motlled mishmash of colors that read as drab brown from a distance.  It went through a "tangerine" dyebath and came out okay. 

The skein on the right started out as a mottled sage green and is ~1000 yds. @ 3.5 oz., also merino wool.  It went through a "marine blue" dye bath. 

Again, these skeins will probably be incorporated into weaving.

So ....that's my colorful recent past!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! All of it. If this is your colorful recent past, I can hardly wait for the checkered version! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cheerful and eye-popping post! Love the yarns, and that shawl? poifeck!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...