Saturday, November 23, 2013

Two months...

Since my last post.  It's been rather busy.

In that time I (we) have:
  • Officially achieved retirement status.
  • Traveled approximately 4,000 miles in the car.
  • Hosted a guild meeting and presented on the fabric woven in the last post.
  • Purchased 80 acres and a cabin in the woods beside the lake.
  • Cleaned said cabin
    • Put in new furnace, water heater, refrigerator, and stove.
    • Got the outside ready for winter.
  • Had an extended family member get a new hip.
    • Who has had complications and will require more surgery.
  • Had another extended family member get married.
  • Winterized the gardens and outside of our "real" house.
  • Had a dr. appt. with complaints of fatigue.....rec'd a diagnosis of RRHS*
*(Recently Retired Husband Syndrome.....I am currently establishing boundaries.)

The looms have been quiet.  The knitting needles have been clicking, but no photo's to show.

I've been thinking about the blog and whether it should continue.  No decisions yet, but no inspiration either.  

Wishing whoever among you still reading  this a Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm still reading and hoping like heck you put some pics of the new cabin up. 80 acres, I suspect come spring that might provide some blogging inspiration, at least I sure hope so. It's okay to take a break from blogging and equally okay to change directions too. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too. Best of luck to all the family members in their recovery and new endeavors and good luck with those boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy! My husband retires at the end of the year and I've been working on him for a number of years so I don't get the RRHS malady.

    Have a wonderful holiday season

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have a post from you, and glad your absence was only due to being very busy. Congratulations on your cabin in the woods!

    And casting my vote for the blog to continue, your weaving always inspires and delights!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been 6 months since I last blogged (sounds like confession). Sorry about RRHS - glad you're setting boundaries. The cabin sounds wonderful! I'm also wrestling with the "to blog or not to blog" question. I'm really getting reticent about sitting in front of the computer telling "what I did today (or whenever)." I've just about talked myself into monthly blogs - I think I can do that... Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...