Thursday, September 19, 2013

So much fun...

it must be illegal:

The yarns are all 8/2's cotton, sett at 24 epi.
(click on photo's for bigger)

All of this texture on 4 shafts and six treadles.

It's Julia Larrabec's Linen draft from Marguerite Porter Davison's book, p. 63.
Julia Larrabec, or her linen weaver, was a genius!

There are errors in the draft as presented in the  book.  I corrected it, then shortened it because this is just a sample.
Oh, and I added the color stripes because I thought the structure and the darker color would combine to give a recessed appearance to that area of the cloth.  The true test will be the wet finishing.
 
This is just the right half of the threading.  If you wish to duplicate, just mirror image the first half.  It should give you a total of 200 warp threads.
Correction:  Don't mirror image the whole draft....just continue the straight draw for the center section.  Then mirror image the M's&O's border section.

Just another missive from the land of the easily amused.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 AM

    Great! Have been sampling with Ms & Os myself. Hope you post images after wet finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I like the stripe accents. I might copy this on my Dorset loom - it's the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You make it sound (and look) so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm astonished to see that you wove all that pattern and texture on a four-harness loom - good job!!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...