Friday, August 16, 2013

Hangin' with my peeps.....

Wow, last post I was writing about a heat wave.  Now here we are in the middle of one of the coolest Augusts in history.  I'm not complaining, mind you.  It's great weather for working outside.

However, last week there wasn't much outside work happening because I was at the Michigan League of Handweavers bienniel conference.  It was a jam packed 5 days!  I took Robyn Spady's "Block Party" workshop Wed. thru Fri.  No pictures to share on that right now.  I still haven't fully unpacked the loom that I was working on....next post.

Then Friday night was the fashion show.  At the urging of some guild friends I entered the purse from this post into the fashion accessories category.  Am so glad I did:
The judge gave it an honorable mention, the prize for which was a Zoom Loom from Schacht.  Thanks so much to Schacht for donating prizes which help support our exhibits and events.  But best of all:  The bag won a People's Choice Award in the Fashion Accessories category, a $50 prize.  Woot!  Thanks to my "peeps" for the votes!  I am honored.

Saturday I took an all day Band Texting cardweaving class with John Malarkey:
By the middle of the day my brain had checked out and there was no way it would make my hands turn two packs of cards in different directions to get the desired patterns.  I have worked on it since I've been home and there is progress, as you can see. 

So with conference out of the way, I have officially run out of excuses to not wash the windows and screens on the house.  Just as well, the spiders have been busy making their late summer mess on many of the window sills.  I'll be working on coming to an agreement on tenancy with them this weekend while getting the screens clean and the windows shiny.....unless it rains.  Then I will be weaving......


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:55 PM

    congrats Val,
    I'm so proud of you and all your beautiful accomplishments.

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Valerie! A deserving piece of weaving for certain. Sorry, can't be more help with window washing excuses. I'm running out of ones myself. Painting to do here...the windows don't look so clean either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooT! Congratulations!

    Love the work you are doing with the cardweaving!

    ...the spiders are just busy trying to look in your windows to watch what you are spinning..or weaving! You probably inspire them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Valerie!! It IS a great bag. I'll be interested to see the new band. And....the Malarkey workshop should spawn more interesting bands- can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie, your band is so pretty! It was a hard thing to grasp (literally) by Saturday, no? I'm so glad you put your bag in the fashion show! It was inspiring to all of us.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...