Monday, February 18, 2013

Weaving lace...

Having spent the past two years involved in a study of tied weaves, I was longing for a one shuttle weave.  And lace kept calling out my name.
This was the pattern that came from playing around with profile drafts and weaving software.
The yarn is Juniper Moon Farm Findley, 50% merino/50% silk.  It's a two ply laceweight knitting yarn, and it behaved like a knitting yarn on the loom.
It's not terribly practical for a scarf in that the pattern is obscured in the wearing.  
But it drapes well.
And it makes me smile.
In the end, isn't that the only thing that matters?

6 comments:

  1. It makes me smile too, and it's a lovely pattern. I bet along with draping well it feels pretty decadent too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me smile, too! Beautiful work, as always, Valerie! And nice to see all the red! The pattern shows just fine IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, color, pattern and all. I like the idea of a pattern obscured too: perhaps it's like a beautiful lining on a coat, or secret embroidery stitched somewhere unobtrusive: something more for the delight of the wearer than the viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about it! Such a cheerful color and beautiful pattern for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! And I love the color

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...