Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Sounds of Silence....

Just a little photo essay of what I've been up to during my blog silence:

A prayer shawl finished.

A shawl in linen.
Then done again in silk:
A closer look:
The pattern is Fragile Heart by Boo Knits.

Some sewing after completing a muslin.  The pattern is Loes Hinse Shawl Collared Jacket in wool for Wovember.

New gloves knitted in this pattern.

Spinning the North Ronaldsay wool from last year's trip to Scotland.

And weaving some turned taquete' in tencel and rayon. 

Only one political phone call today....an exit poll.  Can you believe it?!  
Otherwise, I am enjoying the silence and my fiber-y pursuits.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Valerie! All of it!

    I esp. like the muslin (gorgeous)...seeing that pattern all laid out makes my fingers twitch for the scissors. Have not done any sewing for a long time, and that image makes me miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been doing some beautiful knitting and weaving. The jacket pattern is very appealing, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors and projects! Thanks for the link to the jacket pattern... it just might go onto a future project list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiring silence! I love those shawls. And the North Ronaldsay brings back memories, both visiting and spinning. It's a lovely sturdy wool. I spun mine 3 ply and did a sample which I thought would make for a pefect outer wear sweater or jacket. What are you going to do with yours?

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...