Thursday, October 25, 2012

Few and Far between...

I'm referring to blog posts.  This year October is decision month in our household.  Not just the decision that many (I wish I could say most, but too many people don't vote) in the U.S. will be making on Nov. 6. (or earlier if your state allows..)

The Michigan elections are complicated this year by numerous ballot initiatives to amend the state constitution which have been written and sponsored by special interest groups.  (Yes we in Michigan are subject to a re-enactment of the story of the troll under the bridge)  And there are three state supreme court justice positions to be filled.  And a gazillion other state and local things.

Add to that:  In our household there are two pensions up for decisions this month.  And then open enrollment decisions for healthcare and other employment benefits x2 which are due right after the election (I recognize that's a "high class" problem in this economy).

So I've been doing a lot of reading, researching, and sorting the wheat from the chaff.  I'm always aware that things are not always as they seem  and that market research and pollsters design their messages to influence rather than inform. Then I knit and spin while digesting the information.

Maybe I'll be a better blogger in November....then again, maybe not.  I haven't had much to say.
But I'd like to pass these two open letters along:

What the Health of the Mother Means.

A Special Olympian writes an open letter to Ann Coulter 

Thank you, John and Suzanne, may we all take on the challenge to be "someone who has to struggle to be thoughtful about everything we say"   You are both great examples.




1 comment:

  1. Valerie, you time with your blogs and bloggers may be spare right now, but as always, right on point. Hopefully some decisions will be easier than others! Fingers crossed we see more of you in Nov.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...