Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rain Dance

I've been dividing my time and energy between the inside and the outside of the house.  Working on flower beds:  weeding, fertilizing, planting, mulching...and watering, watering, watering.  It has been very dry for the past two weeks by Michigan standards.

So, today I decided to do a little rain dance:
That's my trusty squeegie on an extension pole which I use to do the windows that are out of reach.  I don't do ladders, especially extension ladders.  Here's a little closer view.
I didn't wash all of the windows, just those on the south and east sides of the house because they were already in the shade.

Now back inside and ready to start dinner, I thought to check the weather report:

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN.

.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT

THERE IS A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS AFTER 2 AM. SEVERE WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED WITH ANY STORM THAT DEVELOPS. SOME OF THE STRONGER STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS TO 30 KNOTS AS THEY TRACK TO THE NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH. THESE STORMS WILL OCCUR IN ADVANCE OF A COLD FRONT.
 

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY

THERE IS A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT. ANY THUNDERSTORM THAT OCCURS FROM LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT WILL POSE A RISK OF PRODUCING SEVERE WEATHER. A WARM FRONT IS FORECAST TO LIFT NORTH ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY AND SOUTHERN GREAT LAKES REGION SATURDAY THROUGH SUNDAY. WARM...MOIST AND UNSTABLE AIR LIFTING ACROSS THIS FRONT WILL PROVIDE A CHANCE FOR THUNDERSTORMS. A COLD FRONT IS FORECAST TO TRACK INTO THE STATE LATE MONDAY WHICH WILL BE THE PRIMARY DRIVER FOR THE CHANCE OF STORMS LATE IN THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND.


It's uncanny, but washing the windows works every time.  I think I'll save the windows on the north and west side of the house for the next dry spell.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your rain dance worked! I guess my coming back home was equal to a "snow dance". 2 inches and counting....UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! For most of us, it is a trip to the car wash that does it everytime ;-)

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...