Monday, February 13, 2012

Dear Valentine

I made some Valentine's slippers for a couple of special people:


This cookie is for my longtime Valentine:
It's a BIG kiss cookie.

 And it just so happens that the current weaving project looks best with a red weft:
Summer and Winter, treadling one.
 
Summer and Winter, treadling two.
There's a lot more warp on the loom, so it may be a little while before you get the finished product photo's.
 
I have to "evict" a certain little furry Valentine from my loom bench every time I get up from the loom for a cuppa tea or whatever.  I'd like to think she's keeping it warm for me.
 I suspect, it's really the other way 'round.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!

    I love those slippers....I've been thinking of making some like that for when people come over and take off their shoes....but I'm trying to finish some of my knitting projects before I start other ones!

    Love your summer & winter & the cushion on the loom bench (under your cat!)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfectly lovely post - I enjoyed it immensely. Happy Valentines Day to you Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Valerie,

    Those slippers are fab, am I on your recipient list do you suppose???? Love them. Are they knitted then felted? I bet that big kiss cookie will carry your long time Valentine through the day and then some with steady nibbling.
    Beautiful warp, red and cream is always a winner in my book. As long as the bench is warm I say it matters not who's keeping it for whom.

    Have a wonderful day receiving just as much joy as you've given and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!

    Love the reds!!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...