Saturday, November 26, 2011

More spinning....

Freshly plied handspun, hand-dyed, pumpkin orange merino from the turkish spindle:
This is about .8 oz or 22 gr. of 2 ply yarn.  I haven't wet finished it yet.  There's about 210 yds. there and I'm spinning more on the spindle.
I'm thinking the the orange and the quiviut are looking pretty happy together.  For now they are stored side by side while the rest of the orange is being spun up.

It just started raining outside.  Of course it is, I just spent the last two days washing windows.  Just finished up and came in about an hour ago.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful spinning~

    That hand-dyed orange is opalescent, rich and vibrant!! Lovely work!...and the quiviut..is begging me to reach into the screen and pet it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:11 PM

    Oh, wow, this would be a terrific scarf!

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...