Monday, August 22, 2011

Poison Ivy as a tree?!

We live on a wooded lot. I spend a lot of my summer watching close to the ground and when I spot a patch of poison ivy, it gets a squirt of Round-Up. So imagine my surprise when I was walking up to get the mail and noticed these "leaves of three" at eye level.
At first I thought is was a vine that had traveled up a tree trunk.  Upon closer (hands free) inspection, it has a woody "trunk" all its own.
If this is what lies ahead the prospect of raking leaves in the fall is a bit scary...especially for those of us who are sensitive to this wicked plant.

3 comments:

  1. Oh!

    It IS EVIL stuff. Cut it off and drive stake of poison into its heart.

    GAH!

    don't forget to wear your gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly wicked and I'm so glad to live in the high desert where it can't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Poison ivy on steroids. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...