Sunday, July 31, 2011

Notable quotes...

Saw this on a bumper sticker in the parking lot after yoga on Wed.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”

 

I looked it up....it's attributed to Jimi Hendrix.  Love it!!  Yet another reason I love yoga....great parking lot reading.
In another bit of irony, this morning's gospel in the lectionary was Matthew's Loaves and Fishes account.
Peace....(Hear that ye naysayers on Capitol Hill?)

Anyway...I'm busy getting ready for Michigan League of Handweaver's Conference.  (My chance to get away and leave everyone else here to hold down the fort and sling the hash..woohoo!)  I'm taking the Crackle workshop with with Susan Wilson which means a new warp on the Mountain loom.  Then the weekend brings Jennifer Moore's Tessellations one day workshop (I don't see it listed under her workshops tab) and two more half day workshops.  There's a lot of art supplies and scraps of yarn to assemble for those.

But there's plenty of time and I'll be posting more before then.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen that one! Of course Ashland in general is yoga sort of place. My all time 2 favorites are Nuke the baby whales for Jesus and Do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. Both old, both still make me smile.
    Have a great time at the conference!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely one of my FAVORITE quotes of all times regardless of who said it (not saying that Jimi Hendrix is bad :)

    http://www.thehighschoolhangover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was our reading too. I wonder how closely our readings coincide?

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...