Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Puny

def. 1.small and weak 2. poor in quality, amount, and size. The New Oxford American Dictionary

That is my word for the day...no, for the week.  Still not up to par after the siege of the virus.  But I am more mobile than I was a few days ago, as long as I don't stray too far from the cough suppressant and the tissue box.

Another puny thing:

Late last summer, I decided to divide my robust bleeding heart plant in order to have two of them.  Alas, the original plant seems to be gone and this is the transplant.  Kind of puny compared to this display of past years:
But maybe she'll take hold and flourish.  I hope so since I have had this plant for more years than I care to count.  Am trying to decide whether to purchase another bleeding heart plant for the original location or go with something that will bloom through the summer.  Maybe a red beard tongue to entice the humming birds?

I have been weaving a little as the energy permits.  And reading a lot...currently reading The Forgotten Garden which is a good read when you're under the weather. 

Well, that's my story and I'm stuck with it.  Cover your coughs, and wash your hands, please.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're still fighting the crud. Have you tried mucinex (or the costco alternative)? It really helps get the gunk out easier.

    I love bleeding hearts, but have never planted them. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Just today I was thinking that I feel better right now than I have in a year. Wish I could share. Oh weird, my word was "lecture" - should I preach at you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sry to hear the flu is lingering...take it slow..don't relapse!

    I thought ...when I read the title of your post...that you were going to write something about spinning cotton..you know ...puny punis ;0)

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...