Monday, April 18, 2011

Some things are just wrong...

Like this:
Pansies under 2" of snow on April 18th.

The pansies in the flower bed are completely covered.

The kitchen project continues.  Below are the paint samples on the wall:
I used my Itten's Color Star to determine that the base color for the stain on the oak kitchen cabinets is indeed a brown based on yellow-orange.  So I worked with paint chips that were in the yellow orange spectrum and got little pots of paint to sample on the walls.  It appears that the final color will be Ginger Peach which is the 3rd color from the right....the long swatch. I guess if you look really closely, it's the 4th color. 

All of the paper is off the walls.  I am washing off glue, patching and sanding in preparation for primer.

We lost a week of work last week when my mother-in-law passed away unexpectedly Sunday morning a week ago.  Spent most of last week in Pa. with dh's family for funeral activities. 

Not much fiber to report.  Am not sure when there will be.  Thanks for your patience.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Valerie, so sorry to hear of your MIL passing. I'm sure it was a hard week for/on everyone.

    The paint color looks warm and pretty, certainly better than those snow covered pansies! Lucky you to have one of those color stars! No worries on the fiber front, I love to just visit regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with your family.

    I like the color - I have various cans of paint that I've bought to use in my house, but somehow have never gotten on the walls and they're all in that color family. Maybe before summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother in-law.

    I know how you feel about the snow! They are now predicting 3 to 6 " of snow Tuesday night & Wed. for us up here in the North. This better be the last of it.

    Luv your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I am so sorry for your loss. This has been the worst gray winter I can remember and that it just awful. I hope there's sunshine and peace in this week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Condolences. Always hard, but particularly as a surprise...

    Love all the paint colors! Bright and cheery, this time of year. I might steal your final choice for my kitchen too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about losing your MIL. It's always such a hard thing to lose a family member.

    What fun with the paint swatches though. You approached it like a fiber artist, LOL. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your extended family..I'm so sorry to hear of your loss ...may yu find comfort in the days and weeks ahead.

    Snow on the pansies ...and nature can be so cruel..but still beautiful, all that rich color contrasting with all that white...

    Ginger Peach..yikes..that sounds good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...