Monday, October 04, 2010

Help!?

There are 3 registered voters in this household who actively vote every  chance they get.

This fall is a gubernatorial election as well as the sensationalized mid-term elections.

I happen to be home most of the day.  Currently we are getting around 12 to 15 pre-recorded political messages which happen to have an extremely conservative bias.  No let me reword that....these prerecorded messages are lies.  I know that because I use Fact Check and Politifact in addition to the fact that I follow the news and have at least a modicum of brain matter.

I use caller ID, but because these messages are pre-recorded, the just shout their crazy messages onto the answering machine. 

So we got the politicians to stop the telemarketers to stop harassing us, only to allow themselves to step in and fill the void.

I ask you dear readers....How do we get this to stop.  It seems like a horrible penance for having actively exercised my right to vote.

3 comments:

  1. I don't really know why, but we don't get many of these calls -- and goodness knows, we are in a highly contentious district, and I have voted in the (gulp) Republican primary. The only thing I can think of is many years ago, I had put our phone number on a Do Not Call list, but I think that had more to do with advertising and "non-profits" were exempt.

    I myself am always fond of the negative ad that makes me want to vote for the other guy, e.g. "The most liberal member of congress." They it like it's a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We aren't in a highly contentious district - yet. We use caller ID and while we get a high volume of calls that we don't elect to pick up, I'm sure they're all political. Thank goodness they don't leave recorded messages! So sorry~

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do not have caller ID (last folks in the country according to the grown son). I know I am getting tired of dashing to pick up the phone only to hear a recorded political message. More often than not, these have been negative calls rather than informative. I have found this to be true of many of the political mailings that have come to our home in the past two weeks. Negative; not informative.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...