Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Colors of April...

Southeast Michigan version.  Over at Life Looms Large, it's time to post the colors of April.  I've missed the past couple months, partly out of laziness and partly from the fact that there was no color.  At least not color that interested me.  But now we have hit the boom time....or should I say "bloom" time?
There are bleeding hearts, red tulips, creeping phlox, pansies, and violas:


Apple blossoms:

Achoo! Lilacs (a significant allergen to me.)

And bugs (the flower is on a mock orange shrub):

Perhaps next month there will be peonies, lilies, and irises.  But for now, go back to Life Looms Large and take the "tour".

8 comments:

  1. ...fun to watch the seasons change in the blogisphere!

    beautiful blossoms! delicate petals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bloom time," perfect! It's interesting to see what's going on in different parts of the world. Lovely colors, lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a riot of colors this month except here! Still mud brown, rain and snow but I have so enjoyed everyone else's colors. Beautiful pictures.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a kick out of the bug - he's part of the local color. Very pretty. I'm with Theresa. It's nice to see your colors since we still have none. However, we won't have a hot and humid summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:00 PM

    Thanks for the tour Val.I've been on this PC way too long now !!! (-:
    The color is spectacular this year, after all the snow we had. Never expected to have such an early spring.
    Sis






    the color is spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!! Spring colors are amazing. I'm so happy you took the time to share your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely spring colors!!! It is much easier to find something beautiful and inspiring to photograph this month, isn't it!?

    My allergies are just kicking in this weekend. Ah, spring!

    Thanks for joining in!! I'm looking forward to flowers all summer now!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers...I love lilacs...

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...