Wednesday, January 20, 2010

All that remains.....

or...Whew!
This is what's left of the Kroy FX after finishing my socks:


It's one of the reasons that I prefer to knit my socks from the toe up.  The length of the sock cuff is not as critical as the length of the foot.  And who wants to rip out a turned heel in order to garner a little more yarn  to make it to the toe?!



See, there they are...two of them....finished!


And here's the shaping of the sole.

Project details are here. (Ravelry link)

6 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly make me want to take the time to stop and learn toe-up. I see what you mean about fit. Those are better than a glove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beauties!! Definitely an inspiration for me to learn toe-up!!!

    Congrats on a great finished project with no leftovers!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add me to the learning list of toe ups--

    I really like that shaping of the sole and I'm off to check your project details.

    These are beautiful socks, perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cutting it close! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous socks! Would you mind posting an update after you've worn them for a while to let us know if you can feel the decreases in the sole as you walk about? I'm intrigued with the shaping but wonder if my feet might hurt, being the Princess-and-the-Pea type that I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say about those socks is---I wear a size 9.5 shoe! I remain an un-knitter, but would love to trade sometime.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...