Friday, October 09, 2009

I've said it before

And I'll say it again:  I love October

After months of awful news we finally get the Nobel announcements and the Supreme Court (with a new judge!) deliberating in a nuanced way.  I can once again turn on the news.

And this morning this.

From the article:
As to whether the prize was given too early in Mr. Obama’s presidency, he (Mr. Jagland) said: “We are not awarding the prize for what may happen in the future but for what he has done in the previous year. We would hope this will enhance what he is trying to do.”
To me, the most important word in that quote is hope.  Something we have sorely needed for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Between the hope and the resurgence of science with this new White House, I can only think this too is a very good thing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It's the first thing I saw when I turned on my computer this morning. That's the best news in a long time. Rush Limbaugh, eat your heart out.

    I love October anyway. How can I not? It's my birth month - thanks Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tying up loose ends today before we leave on vacation. One of them is passing on aware that I received last month, so pick it up on my blog the next time you go there~

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...