Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm not the kind of person who wins things....

..unless we are talking books.  When it comes to books it seems I get freebies in spades.  Just got a notice from Library Thing that I've snagged a copy of To Siberia by Per Petterson, who also wrote Out Stealing Horses (link is to my review).

I'm feeling a little guilty because I haven't had a chance to get to my last free book from this post.  Am currently reading A Reliable Wife for this Friday's book discussion group.  So far, I can see why the reviews compare the writing to Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca , but I think it is much darker and colder.  Or, maybe it's just the November weather we are having at the end of September.  October and November have always been big reading months for me, and this year I have plenty of reading stockpiled to get me through.

The first phase of The Big Project is complete, which left us without gutters and downspouts for the continuous rain and high winds since Sunday night.  So the drip, drip, drips have been disturbing our sleep.  We're waiting for the next dumpster to come in, the shingles, and gutters to be delivered and phase two of TBP to begin.  It would be nice if the high winds and rains would cease and allow progress.

I have spinning and knitting to show, but that will have to wait until the next post.

2 comments:

  1. oh my, I haven't even started my summer reading list...sigh....

    here is hoping for fair skies and big project progress for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the review for Reliable Wife in Book Page and thought it sounded like something I'd like to read. The review leaves you hanging so I get the feeling it's a bit of a mystery. My book group is reading Rebecca for November.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...