Friday, July 31, 2009

If it's red.....

I'll probably stop.

Back in this blog post I showed you unfinished socks and newly begun shawl, both in red. The socks are still stopped. The newly started shawl has been ripped out in favor of Queen Silvia Shawl (Ravelry link) from Knitted Lace of Estonia.

Add to this the stalled Fulmar sweater in a similar shade of red, which has been languishing for years. I can only come to the conclusion that if it's red, I'll probably stop knitting it midstream. I don't know why. All of these things are a similar shade of red, which I happen to like. So far, I have 5 of 20 pattern repeats completed on Queen Silvia, so keep a good thought for me.

Meanwhile, I thought you might enjoy a little link surfing and research to start out your weekend. First there is this yummy collection of eye candy in a magazine called HandEye. Then, the most recent issue of Threads magazine has a handy article on reweaving garments. You'll have to stop by the newstand to purchase the magazine, it's not on their webpage. But I once saved $80 by reweaving a tiny 3 corner tear in one of dh's expensive business suits. $80 was what the tailor wanted to have it done (he was going to send it out). I pulled a couple threads from a seam allowance and was able to do it myself quite professionally thanks to my high school Home Ec. teacher, Mrs. Haberlan.

And for those of you who like to play with food grade dyes on your protein fibers, here's a new use for that elusive blue powdered drink mix.

Well, Queen Silvia beckons.

Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that article too. I'd like to try it although I'm not in a hurry for any moths to stop by :-)

    I never learned to reweave in home ec but my teacher ran a knitting club after school. That was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummm....you have me wondering about the red. Maybe you have some subliminal issue going on..with red lights and stop signs and stuff....maybe you could try using green needles or somethin...
    hee hee...

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...