Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Hi! Remember me?

Don't know what's happened, but I've sort of fallen off the blog wagon.

When I was a kid, we used to get behind a wagon (think Radio Flyer), give it a running start then jump on and coast as far as it would go. That's the image I have every time I think about writing a post. I need that running start.

Still not much fibering, though I have been slipping behind the spinning wheel a little bit most days. A lot of my creative energies have gone into cooking and meal preparation. Tonight we are having home made pizza with a portion of the ingredients pictured below:

Beginning at the 1 o'clock position are:
  • Fresh homegrown basil
  • Thinly sliced Bella mushrooms
  • Fresh mozarella
  • Homemade whole wheat pizza dough
  • Dry Italian sausage and Parmegiano Reggiano
  • Fresh homegrown oregano
  • Thinly sliced fresh veggies are in the center
I'm using a New York style pizza sauce recipe from the latest issue of Cooking Light mag. A fresh salad will complete the meal.

If you remember this post I've been on a campaign to improve my cholesterol and health in general. Had blood work done a few weeks ago and got my numbers back.....in the words of the doctor's office, "they are perfect". Ha....what the doctor's office didn't know is that no drugs were involved in achieving those "perfect" numbers. So I am staying the course and reaping the benefits. Next office visit is Oct.

Well...that's it for now. I still have more work to do before popping dinner in the oven.

4 comments:

  1. October is also when my visit is scheduled for annual checkup and blood work. I don't like surprises. Sounds like you've a good handle on good eating.

    You've blogged a long time. Your interests may have changed and if so, retool the tone of your blog so that writing a post excites you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:54 PM

    high cholesterol runs in the family Val. I have lowered mine three times already because the Dr. threatened to put me on meds. Wish I could stay on the wagon but bad habits or the love of junk food is hard to break.
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean bout needing a running start. I have been finding that I have had a hard time blogging lately too. But people in my life do nag so I persist.
    Good for you for taking control of your food intake. It is apparently working well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks great!

    when do we eat?

    my wagon is full of garden produce these days :-)

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...