Saturday, May 09, 2009

Entry....

I like that word. It can mean so many things.

Like this:
Our new "entry". Front doors installed this week. It took us about 5 years to find the right front doors. Our house, though obviously built in the '70's is not one of the more popular designs of the 70's. So each update/replacement/repair requires a good deal of thought and looking around to find something that works. We picked these after hours of photoshop play with the designer.

I like them (the doors)....but if you're thinking "Presbyterian Church", you wouldn't be the first to think so.

Entries is also the name of one of my favorite poetry collections by Wendell Berry:
My favorite entry in this book is his poem, The Wild Rose, a love poem.

Entries can also mean a new beginning or starting something new. As in "after her entry into the world of computers....." I've sort of been thinking about starting something new, taking up a new adventure. Don't know what it will be yet....am just feeling itchy.

And finally entry can be a post in a journal, blog, or other ongoing record. Such as this entry: "My Mom is a programmer, raging against the machine"
It's a tribute by a young man to his weaving mom for Mother's Day.
My son sent me the link as part of his own Mother's Day tribute. It isn't written by my son, nor am I the weaver. (But what I wouldn't give to have a studio that looks like that!) Click on the link and read. I think you'll enjoy.

And that's the end of this entry!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those doors are attention getting. They make it clear why an entry is called, well, an entry. Awesome entry you got there.

    Do people come in through it or through the back door? My brother had an spectacular entry and people always came in from the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the front doors. (But I was Presbyterian growing up, so maybe it's some sort of subtle influence on me!)

    Loved the Mother's Day piece you linked to as well!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the doors too! And thanks for the link, I have serious storage envy!
    And what ever did you do with your "problem" bulbs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great entry(s)!

    The doors are splendid--well worth taking your time to find.

    You will tell us when you embark on your new adventure?

    Off to check your link--

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...