Monday, April 06, 2009

Close to You


a few days ago Sharon passed this award on to me, and I've been wondering what to say ever since.

First I had to look up proximity in the dictionary. You see, I asked for a rather expensive dictionary for Christmas a couple years ago. It sits proudly on the top of a table/bookshelf in our living room. Since it came into our lives, I've made a point of checking out the meanings and etymology of words. Especially those which I think I know what they mean, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Proximity....the definition in my head was "in the vicinity of.... ; or close to". So was Sharon giving me an award for coming close, but never hitting the target?! In my mind proximity was tied up with the definition of asymptotic. Click on the link if your dictionary is not nearby. (Must have something to do with my math teacher, Mr. Weber, in highschool...where we studied asymptotic curves and I often came close, but missed the mark.)

Ah...but the dictionary proved Sharon right....it does mean nearness in space or time. Which is why she is such a good librarian! And I must keep a dictionary at my elbow.

So the award is to acknowledge the following qualities. "This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!”

Such a lovely compliment. Thanks so much, Sharon.

As I scan around the blogs, I see most whom I would name have already been tagged with this award. But there are a couple blogs where I hang out and you may not have yet discovered:

OzWeaver over at Argoknot - look through some earlier posts to see her amazing tapestries.

Cyndy's place over at River Rim is a good place to stop and see what's going on.

Susan over at Avalanche Looms - There has to be a great haiku in thinking about an avalanche of looms.

Tim's technical posts usually call for a cup of tea and some thought.

Jennifer at Finding the Real Me has inspired me to get back to that wedge weave warp.

Lee over at When She Was Knitting inspires me with her ventures in sewing. She's also a librarian with a love of statistics.

Distracted Muse is the blog home of Stef, who does beads, embroidery, and gaming when she's not weaving...or working.

So there you go..I think everyone else I would include has already been tagged. Have fun link surfing through a really neat blogger community.

PS: the title of this post is a link that should take you back a few years if you click on it.


3 comments:

  1. thank you!

    Very kind of you to pass this award to the riverrim blog :-)

    Now to check out these new links--love to discover places in the blogosphere!

    oh, and ...la...lalalala....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the new links - I hadn't been to any of those.

    Thanks also for your comment on HSB - I laughed when I read "1981"...do you still even like the quilt?!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Joannah

    http://myscones.com/

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...