Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Do you have an inkling?

I do. Here's my little inkling bag made from the warp of the previous post:
I sewed four 9" long inkling strips together, using a very close zigzag stitch, while abutting the selvedges of the strips.

Next I installed a 7-9" invisible zipper. Then sewed one edge flat with the zipper and the opposite edge with the zipper at one edge. The last step was to line it with a matching fabric. Lining involved machine stitching at both ends, then handstitching along the zipper edges.

Here it is, all zipped up!

The result a cute little ditty bag to gather knitting/stitching accessories inside the larger knitting bag.

9 comments:

  1. What an interesting bag! I especially like the shape -- I bet you can fit lots of oddly shaped tools in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it came out so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. My inkle class was rescheduled so I may still have a chance to learn that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! My husband calls the larger bag "the mother ship" and the small bags inside....satellites or something like that. I must have plenty of examples for him to find a need to name them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!

    Nicely done, esp. the edges...and the handstitching along the zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking bag Val! You always seem to have something new and interesting up your sleeve...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great little bag. I love it!! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! What a wonderful bag! I love the combination of color and texture.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...