- You know you're in a funk when you wake up in the morning with the lyrics from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon playing in your head (Us and Them).
And that was before the PBS of special of the same last night.
- How long will it be before you meet someone who named their child after a verification word? Come on, admit it, you've looked at words like "cgderc" when posting a comment and wondered what kind of person that might be. It's bound to happen, if it hasn't already.
- Is there any mood that a sip of Galway Pipe Port with a bite of Dove Dark chocolate chaser can't improve? How can I know for sure when no one locally has stocked Galway Pipe for the past year?!
Valerie's Winter Lamb Stew: (It's what's for dinner)
- 1 lb. lean leg of lamb stew meat cut into 1" cubes.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 15 oz. canned beef broth (low fat)
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (or lime juice..your choice)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Add remaining ingredients, except lemon juice.
Cover dutch oven and place in preheated oven for 1.5 to 2 hours.
Remove from oven, add lemon juice,stir and let stand for ~5 minutes for flavors to meld together.
Serve with a dollop Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream and fresh pita bread.
If you don't live in an area where fresh pita bread is available, any good whole grain bread will do.
Follow with a chaser of Galway Pipe Port* and a Dove Dark chocolate square.