Thursday, December 11, 2008

Derivative Work
Remember this....the pattern created by Lindsay over at Storm Moon Knits? First of all the neck warmer pattern is like pistachios. There is no way I could knit just one and be done, or even two for that matter. I'm currently knitting the fourth one, with two more queued up behind it.

And as one thing leads to another, the neckwarmer design led me to play with a design for matching gauntlets:

While working on the design, I discovered that one can indeed graft cables. Not perfectly, as you can see on the wristband of the right gauntlet above. But it can be done reasonably well and without prescription medication!

Here's a view of the grafting in progress with my trusty Knitter's Companion at the ready for visual reference:

And here they are in use:
I've checked with Lindsay and she doesn't mind if I share the pattern with you. I will do so, after I've finished doing the last of the edits on the church directory proof and completed some other necessary household paperwork.

Meanwhile go knit yourself, or someone else, a neckwarmer while you wait.

2 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I can't wait to see the pattern. However, I'm not so sure that I'll be able to accomplish knitting these without the assistance of something - maybe a steady stream of hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out great and they fit! I wouldn't have thought to use cables and certainly won't know what you mean by grafting them until i read the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...