Thursday, September 11, 2008

Handspun update:

Below is the finished teal blend handspun yarn originally posted here

These two skeins are about 700 yds each, weighing in at 3.6 and 3.8 oz. respectively. I've left it as singles yarn. The photo below shows the washed skeins. Note that they don't twist back on themselves excessively. The yarn knits up just fine as a singles and the energy in the yarn will open up the lace eyelets better than a plied yarn would.
I've changed my plans for the yarn from that earlier linked post. Instead I'm swatching for Loden Mist. It suits the yarn better than the February Lady Sweater mentioned in the earlier post.

I still have about 2 ounces of this fiber to spin up, but there's sufficient yarn for Loden Mist in these two skeins.

3 comments:

  1. Those singles are stunning--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous spinning! I love the colour, and the picture captured it beautifully. I look forward to see the F.O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love knitting with singles and yours are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...