Monday, September 29, 2008

Another update on the frenetic pace around here:
  • the draping class with Coni Crawford on Wednesday was like trying to drink from a fire hose.
  • the dress form class with Jan Bones on Thursday was very good. I now have a dress form hanging in my sewing room waiting for its finishing touches.
  • I had lots of time to study my notes and Coni's book in the car on Friday and Sunday as we headed out for this road trip:
This would be the best photo for identifying location. Anyone been there and recognize it?
This clearly identifies that we are indeed in the midst of autumn.

The image below invokes the sense of peace of the weekend (hint: we were out of the country and did not access any US political/economic news. However, this country has its own pending election which you can learn about here ):
And this was the reason for the trip:
Those are "my guys" on that boat. They are headed out to complete the 2008 scuba diving season's goal of diving all five Great Lakes in one season. (Hmm...I wonder how many of you can name all five Great Lakes? One is named below. Can you come up with the other 4?)

If you haven't guessed by now. We were in Gananoque, Ontario. As the sign says, Gateway to the Thousand Islands, located where the St. Lawrence Seaway meets Lake Ontario.

Favorite Quote:
"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel."
Carl W. Buechner

2 comments:

  1. wendy e6:03 PM

    Sure! Ontario, Erie, Michigan, Huron, Superior. (I've only been on 1 of them, but next to 3.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the see the Thousand Islands. I got a number of books on them for a lady as an interlibrary loan request and it reminded me of Lake Tahoe, multiplied. I use HOMES to remember the lakes: Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie and Superior. I have *no* memory so love devices that that.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...