Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Yardage...

This fresh off the loom:


Here's a closer look.


The big picture showed what I was looking for: I missed a treadling block about a third of the way up from the bottom. Maybe you noticed already. Anyway...the fabric is intended for a vest, cut out with the weft running vertically so the small blocks of color change will be at the shoulder. So I should be able to work around that missed block.

The fabric has not been wet finished yet. I have to serge off the sample sections and sample with wet finishing techniques before dealing with the whole 4 yards. The width off the loom is 27", width on the loom was 30".

That's it for now....tons of things to do here.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't notice an error... all I noticed was a fabulous piece of weaving! Congratulations, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be much more flattering with the weft cut running vertically! What is the fiber content and how are you going to wet-finish it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't notice the missing block either. But then I've never been known to be very observant. The fabric is gorgeous. It will make a lovely vest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only when you pointed out the error did I see it. I quote my grandmother - "Who's going to notice that on a galloping horse?" It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic!

    How can you take the scissors to it?!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...