Monday, August 04, 2008

Desert Blog...

Whoops...sorry to have blipped off the radar screen lately. There's been a lot of activity around here, but little of it is blogworthy. Now I have a couple things, so here we go:

Just beyond the starting gate is Baby Poonam from the Berroco Free patterns site. My version is at the "2/3's up the back" stage so enjoy the picture at the Berroco site until mine is at a blog worthy photo stage.

A number of years ago I started knitting for the children of my nieces and nephews (ie. my great nieces and nephews). I recently learned that there is a surprise on the way and the shower is on Aug. 24. I won't be able to attend (in fact, I may never actually see the child...which as been the case with several of the "greats") but I'm pretty sure I can finish this and get it in the mail in time for the shower.

Then, coming up to the finish line is some yardage to cut off the loom. I can weave about 3" more on the web, then it's "cutting off time". So there will be photo's of that soon as well.

Meanwhile Wanda has bestowed the Arte y pico award on me.



I am humbled and a bit embarrassed considering how little I've been blogging lately. To be in compliance with the rules...here we go:

Rules:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you copnsider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contrubuites to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winning, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog thathas given her or him the ward itself.
4) Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y pico“blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.

There are many more than five worthy of nomination, but I'll narrow it down to these:
Sharon at In Stitches
Jackie at One Thread Two Thread
Stef at Distracted Muse
Lee at When She Was Knitting
Bonnie at Weaving Spirit

enjoy that little surfing trip.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - I just bumped into this - need to come back. Thanks, shucks and all that. Just wanted to tell you how much I'm enjoying your book recommend - Leaving Church. I think it's the right book at the right time - phew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally honored! I am also totally swamped between weaving in the Cathedral and helping a friend in her booth at the Northwest Quiltfest. This will be over tomorrow, and I will resurface with more thank you.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...