Saturday, April 26, 2008

Air & String....

Last night was the Hilary Hahn performance with the DSO . The tickets were the birthday present that I told you about here.

Her playing is more amazing in person than I anticipated. She is able to clearly bring out many "voices" in one piece. On her cd's there are times when I wondered who is playing the "other violin". The answer: no one, she brings all those voices into the piece through her hands.

The audience was absolutely awe struck, just like me. And so, I will share a little of this with you:


Now that you've seen her play, here's a different perspective:


And if you'd like to hear how she thinks about her work take a listen to DSO Unmasked on April 20. Sit down with your knitting, spinning, or cup of tea and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! She is amazing! That second piece made me want to cry. What an amazing talent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo-hoo, it wouldn't load on my computer. What a special evening to go watch and listen to Hilary Hahn live.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...