Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm in!!!!

The letter came to day. In about 8 weeks I'm headed here:



To take this person's two week class.

I am excited and scared in equal measure. And of course concerned about Randy's health.

The dyes in the previous post were regular tubes of food color gel from the baking section of the grocery store. Remember the yarn was not white, but a medium value taupe before dyeing. The purple is powdered drink grape, since it wasn't possible to mix a good purple w/ the food color. (We tried, it was a very ugly egg.)

2 comments:

  1. Valerie!

    I'm so excited for you. Penland is an absolutely *magical* place. I've heard that Randy Darwall is a fabulous teacher (and, of course, his color work is incredible).

    Have you been to Penland before? If not, I'd happy to share my experiences with you...I've been there twice for weaving workshops.

    Drop me a line if you're interested in chatting about it.

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It looks fabulous! Great promotional video...

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...