Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Under the weather.....

Another 4" of snow to repeat yet again the cycle of: *wet heavy snow, freezing rain, 2" of ice to chip off a 1/10 mile driveway, achieve dry pavement* repeat until winter calendar has run out.

I intentionally wrote that as knitting instructions because I've been playing around with a couple of designs. However, they are not likely to be written out but charted instead. Since Ravelry will be hosting patterns, there will be a place to post them.

Meanwhile, news reports state that this year's flu vaccine was not spot on for the strain of flu that is circulating.

I can attest to that.

I did have my flu vaccine. I have also had the aching muscles, hair that hurts, nausea, dragged through the back end of a cow feeling for the past 24 hours. No fever, though.


Perhaps the vaccine I did get provides partial coverage and this is just my "copay" or "deductible".

Gotta love today's healthcare system. I'm going back under the afghan with the cat.

6 comments:

  1. It plowed through our staff, taking down five at one time, of whom three required IV antibiotics. I had the shot and still ended up taking three days of sick leave. I liberally applied the cat and afghan treatment and declare it successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wendy e5:56 AM

    Feel better soon! I love the "copay" analogy. Fingers, toes, legs & eyes crossed that we don't get it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a fast acting flu.

    Weather. *Pfffftt*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Rest and relaxation under the covers is probably the best medicine.

    I completely agree with Lee's sentiment about the weather here. Pfffttt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:45 PM

    Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.knock on wood here. Sarah had it last week but I steered clear of that house.
    Finally finished the scarf and hat from Homespun Handknit, now I think I need a pair of mittens to match. Spun some Carly fur and marino this morning.Sarah needs a hat for her March 31st.-- 12th. birthday!!
    Stay warm,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a number of people being struck down with the flu. I hope that you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...