Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Cat Ate My Homework and Startitis:

Well, Christina got the teaching contract. She is now installed as teacher of the 5th grade. Perhaps her Christmas will be her first instance of the "the cat ate my homework". Here is the perpetrator once again:

However, I own my share of responsibility. The yarn is Kidsilk Haze, the cat was apparently sleeping in my lap and pulled the edge of the scarf to herself and "cuddled" it in her sleep. Sharp teeth + rough kitty tongue = torn edge of scarf:


Fortunately, I was able to thread a knitting needle through the next garter stitch row, cut off the damaged part, then knit on another beginning border. Two pattern repeats were lost which was about an hour of knitting. Here's the scarf waiting to be blocked later today:


Cold weather has descended upon Michigan and today we are awaiting the arrival of our first winter storm. Winter chill inspires wardrobe additions:

This is Oblique being knitted in Berroco Wensleydale Longwool from the stash. I'll probably modify the pattern a bit to suit my own sensibility, but such a cardigan is just what the weather forecaster has ordered right now.

And I like to wear warm vests around the house in winter. This Cozy Vest pattern from The Green Mountain Spinnery Knitting Book has been on my to do list for a long time. Joann's had Patons Classic Merino Wool on sale at 2 skeins for $6, so I've started a new vest too:

I have plenty of knitting to keep me busy for now. Meanwhile I am finishing Warm Windows for my son to take back to his college apartment. Once those are done, the path to the looms will be clear. Who knows, I may finish the year by weaving off the two aging warps on the floor looms!

5 comments:

  1. My condolences on your scarf! Jeeves recently chewed the tips of two bamboo double points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://judelbug.typepad.com/the_urban_shepherd11:00 AM

    I don't have a cat, but my Airedale is *highly* attracted to cones of cotton - hope you can save your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheepless11:03 AM

    PS - has blogger changed it's "leave comments" section? It says I have to have a blogger account or google account? (I can only sign off with a nickname or as anonymous...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember Cloudy ever doing anything like that!!!!
    Haven't met Jazzy yet.(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to know how my cat got to your house.

    Seriously, they look like identical twins. I'd be worried if mine wasn't sitting on the back of my chair right now.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...