Saturday, November 17, 2007

New WIP:

This is a Christmas present for my husband's niece. The pattern is Wisp. The yarn is Kidsilk Haze.
We draw names on his side of the family and this pattern reminds me of her. She's 24 years old and this year she is a permanent substitute teacher in a 4th grade classroom. It would be great if this would turn into a contract position for her.

While I was at the yarn store a couple other things jumped into the bag:
Some Kid Seta which may turn into a Wisp of my very own.

And since brown has returned as a fashion color, some plain brown sock yarn.

All small, portable projects which increases the chances they'll be completed in a reasonable time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Valerie,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You asked if the 2nd design needed tabby inserted between picks. The structure shown is a compound twill, and no tabby is needed. Have fun at handweaving.net! There are more drafts there than any of us could ever weave in a lifetime.
    Cheers - Sandra Rude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,

    Your wisp looks beautiful! It almost makes me want to start another knitting project. I wonder whether this effect might be possible in a weaving project? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...