Thursday, August 23, 2007

Perhaps you don't know......

about human trafficking. It's everywhere, not just on some distant shore. And the reason it's possible for the problem to be so pervasive is because it's a topic that is outside of our comfort zone. I wrote a couple entries about this sometime ago and can't find them now, so it must have been at my previous blog site.

So instead of apologizing for no fiber related blog entries (which it seems I do in about 20% of my entries) this post is about something I've been working with my church to find a way to respond.

September 28-30, the Salvation Army is sponsoring the Second Annual International Weekend of Prayer and Fasting for the Victims of Human Trafficking .

There's a wealth of information out there, the problem is we have to care enough to become informed and use that information to act. Here are some background information and initiatives to get you started. And then take a moment to watch the videos. They're each about 4 minutes long, but I couldn't choose between them for the quality of the message.






Now you know. Begin......

2 comments:

  1. You know, this is what affirms me as a woman of faith - such malicious evil makes it clear to me that my deity is real - action/reaction - point/counterpoint. Absolutely satanic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie, First I want to Thank You(long past due) for the nice comments left on my blog. I told my daughter when she left on a mission trip the beginning of August to Mexico, we have a mission in our own country. We just seem to like to bury our heads in the sand.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...