Thursday, August 02, 2007

Overwhelmed....

Yesterday (or was it the day before?) after reading Franklin's blog post, I started to wonder....did I sign up for Ravelry? I think I did...wonder where I am in line?

So I went to check...turns out they sent me an email a week or so before which was blocked by the spam filter. So I made them a "safe contact"...and lo and behold, I'm now on Ravelry.

This is not a good thing for someone who is currently accomplishing so little....I feel like I have fiber A.D.D. Otherwise known as FADD....
As in:
  • How many knitters does it take to change a light bulb?
  • I dunno, how many?
  • Wanna go buy yarn?
So here I sit.....clicking back and forth between this blog entry and my Ravelry profile page, where in the upper right corner it says:
  • Projects: 0
  • Queued: 0
  • Books: 0
  • Stashed: 0
  • Faves: 0
  • Friends: 0
Ouch...that last one stings a bit and tosses me right back to 7th grade outcast status.

I think it's going to take me awhile to get adjusted and integrated. Right after I get through the new Interweave Knits that arrived in today's mail.

How many knitters does it take to change a light bulb?

And do they get it done any faster if they also spin and weave (and otherwise have a life)?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome - I'm still laughing. FADD?! I copied that and sent it to a friend. Now I have a diagnosis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. How many knitters does it take to change a lightbulb? It depends on whether or not they can knit in the dark!

    I like the new look of your blog. Blue is always a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val - love the library link you have. I've added one to my blog - hope you think "copycat" is the highest form of flattery?

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...