Friday, August 10, 2007

Eating Frogs:

I haven't dropped of the planet. Life has just been very busy and low in fiber content. Let's just say I've been busy Eating Frogs.

A quick summary: The key concept of the book is that we procrastinate because we put off doing things that have to be done, but are not appealing. Hence, if you have to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning and it's the worst thing you will do all day. If you have two frogs to eat, eat the ugliest one first.

There's a smorgasbord of frogs at our house right now:
  • Ripping out and repairing 3 sliding glass patio doors. (lots of fun to have plastic sheeting between oneself and outdoors in 90+ degree temps w/ severe T'storms.) ribbit
  • Getting ds to jump through hoops as he wraps up an internship and returns to school. ribbit
  • Ripping out carpet and having wood floors installed in the family room. ribbit
  • Cleaning up all of the dust and mess (inside and out) that all of the ripping out stuff generates ribbit
  • Organizing a farewell reception for one of our pastors who is moving to Colorado. ribbit
  • Working with church leadership and remaining pastor to maintain stability and form guiding coalition to determine best pastoral model before putting out a call for a new pastor. ribbit
  • Attending weddings and funerals. ribbit
  • Preparing for a nice treat for dh and myself. ribbit ribbit!!
It may be mid-Sept. before fiber-y postings resume. Meanwhile, back to the frogs......

6 comments:

  1. I DO know what you mean. Lots of frogs here right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy will be here - my html friend - and is going to help me get thelibrarthing widget on my blog. I can't believe how many of your books are my books! You have my sympathies on church changes - the saying goes that the pillars of the church hold up with the roof when crushing stresses occur, e.g., pastoral change, but also the pillars of the church are solid and unbending.

    I loved The Book of Air and Shadows. It's one of my favorites this year. And I see you also have Thunderstruck. I hope you read Larsen's The Devil in the White City. It's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice that your LibraryThing tags all have Plymouth Library. What does that mean???

    ReplyDelete
  4. NPR keeps referring to the "long, lazy days of summer". I've been trying to figure out when the "lazy" comes in -- long, yes, lazy, not so much. Your list makes my life seem rather tame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the Library Thing widgit loaded - thanks for putting me onto it. I'm getting ready to eat a few frogs myself and it may be September before I too rejoin the blogosphere. Happy Frogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food for thought! I procrastinate too much, so maybe it's time to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...