I haven't dropped of the planet. Life has just been very busy and low in fiber content. Let's just say I've been busy Eating Frogs.
A quick summary: The key concept of the book is that we procrastinate because we put off doing things that have to be done, but are not appealing. Hence, if you have to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning and it's the worst thing you will do all day. If you have two frogs to eat, eat the ugliest one first.
There's a smorgasbord of frogs at our house right now:
- Ripping out and repairing 3 sliding glass patio doors. (lots of fun to have plastic sheeting between oneself and outdoors in 90+ degree temps w/ severe T'storms.) ribbit
- Getting ds to jump through hoops as he wraps up an internship and returns to school. ribbit
- Ripping out carpet and having wood floors installed in the family room. ribbit
- Cleaning up all of the dust and mess (inside and out) that all of the ripping out stuff generates ribbit
- Organizing a farewell reception for one of our pastors who is moving to Colorado. ribbit
- Working with church leadership and remaining pastor to maintain stability and form guiding coalition to determine best pastoral model before putting out a call for a new pastor. ribbit
- Attending weddings and funerals. ribbit
- Preparing for a nice treat for dh and myself. ribbit ribbit!!