Sunday, April 01, 2007

Two more finished objects:



These are the quilts for the high school seniors at church. On the second Sunday in June the quilts are draped over the communion rail and the students come up to the altar with their parents. The parents place the quilts over the shoulders of the student and a blessing is said over the kids and parents as we send them out into the world.

Meanwhile, I just received a phone call that the next new baby arrived...a boy, yesterday (whew! That was close to an April Fool's birthday!). I'm thinking another Baby Surprise sweater in boy colors....maybe even red, black, and white. Depends on what yarn and buttons are available.

So it seems that most of the handwork being done here this week has something to do with kids coming and going.

4 comments:

  1. I have the Nikon Coolpix P4. I bought it at Costco in January with money I made selling soap at Christmas! Thanks for the tip on the baby book. I've requested it through interlibrary loan to see if it's something that I can't live without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy. And productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are beautiful! What a lovely coming of age ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Nice quilts, I got to your site via the Weaving Ring, but the circle appears broken: I do not find the ring on your page????

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...