Saturday, February 17, 2007

More finished goods....

The scarf pattern is Argosy, the yarn is Paint Box by Knit One Crochet Too, color number: 09. Knit on size 8 US needles, the scarf took 2 evenings of watching tv to complete.

Also completed in the past day is a denim skirt from Vogue 7735


I made view C, on the the right. I need to "distress" the denim a bit, but otherwise I'm very pleased with the outcome and will probably make another skirt in brown corduroy.

On tap for this afternoon: more sewing and perhaps a bit of weaving. Then out for a dinner party with old friends tonight. Dress is casual...can't decide if I'll wear Swallowtail or Argosy.

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. That's one of the nicest uses of a self-striping type yarn I've seen in a while! Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah! Abby stole my comment! Oh well, it's still a very good pattern choice. Well done, Valerie!

    So, how are you planning on distressing the denim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf is lovely and the colorway quite different. I love it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely scarf! I think I need a simpler lacey type pattern to try. My one lace project was started years ago and is still unfinished. I finally figured out its the knit-3-togethers that give me problems.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...