Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What the heck, why not two finished items in one day?

On the first Thursday of the month, Mary and I participate in a shawl knitting ministry. This is my first finished shawl which I'll turn in tomorrow night. It's the Diamond Knit Shawl in Homespun yarn. That's Jazzy at the top of the picture. She likes a cozy knitted blanket just as well as the next cat.



Here's a closer look:



It only took about a skein and a half of yarn. The colors were really appealling to me when I started back in November. It could have been made larger, but I was really tired of these colors when it seemed just big enough.

It's the right size to wrap comfortingly around the shoulders of someone in need and will be sent "out into the world" for just that purpose tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Very very nice! So too much chocolate equals 2 finished projects? Hmm... I need to look into this. Especially if it means shawls like this end up in my house. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to hear more about the shawl ministry. I'm seeing an elderly woman with boney shoulders, wrapped in your shawl with a book in her hands. After hearing about the thousands of caps that were knitted for Save the Children, I am interested in what my knitting can do for someone - not me.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...