Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Birthday to me....

New Year's Babies have been around longer than I have (click on the link to see just how long). However, as is often the case, I didn't get it quite right, arriving on the morning of New Year's Eve instead. So technically, I'm an Old Year's Baby. Oh well...

This should brighten things up a bit:

It's the warp I'll be winding on the back beam and threading through the heddles as soon as this post is finished. A version of these 8 harness twill towels were on the cover of Handwoven Jan. 2006. My warp colors are a bit different. And my weft color will be purple rather than the brown used in the magazine towels.

Although it's a gloomy, grey day, it has been a lovely birthday. I received a lot of music (cd's), a beautiful water color w/ calligraphy (thank you, carol), a pizelle iron with recipe(s), and Italian nougat Christmas candies (thank you, Janice..aka sis). As soon as the weather dries up a bit, I'll make a batch of pizelles to show you here.

Hmm...now that I look the warp picture again it reminds me of "ribbon candy":


Another Christmas treat I haven't seen in a quite a few years. (Ahem...that's how I got the pizelle iron and the Italian nougats...giggle)

Happy New Year, everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday - and the colors of the ribbon candy and the warp are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday ( a few days late)
    Nice warp. I'm sure the towels will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy many candles Val! Nice warp! I too am looking to getting a tea towel warp on the loom...

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...