Friday, November 03, 2006

Selected Short Subjects:

There's been a certain lack of focus in my life lately, so I decided to take on a few quick and simple projects. There's nothing like a finished project to spur one on to the next finish line.

So here we have the Braided Cable Scarf designed by Miriam Felton. The yarn in use is handspun Icelandic spun (by me) from roving about a year ago. It's about halfway to completed length and will have fringe added:


In the "finished" category are these Fetching Fingerless Gloves from the summer issue of Knitty. The yarn is Galway. The color on my monitor is pretty accurate as a peachy-pink.


I'd like to design a hat to match the fingerless gloves. It wouldn't take much effort and would use up the rest of the yarn.

Another short subject is a completed skein of Cormo laceweight yarn: 2 ply, 32 WPI, 450 yd. skein. The yarn was spun from mini-combed locks with a semi-worsted drafting style. It was dyed with Pro-chem acid dye in 'dull red'. However it is hardly dull...and refused to photograph well with a digital camera. This yarn is destined to be the Swallowtail Shawl (scroll down the linked page) from the Fall Interweave Knits.

It occurs to me that these would be handy gift items for the holiday season. It also occurs to me that if approached that way, completion of these items would happen sometime in the middle of 2010.

Probably the best way to approach these things is to follow the message on this afternoon's Dark Chocolate Dove Promise wrapper: "Don't think about it so much."

I'm still working on the Print of the Wave Stole, the Lace Cardigan, the warp from Bonnie I's workshop. I've washed some more of the grey wool seen in the previous post. And am still thinking about the Wedding Ring Shawl (from Sharon Miller, author of Heirloom Knitting) and whether this is really a good time in my life to be thinking about spinning lots of gossamer yarn to knit something that would be more heirloom than functional in my life.

See?...focus....I need focus.....

1 comment:

  1. I love the Dove messages! My favorite: "It's definitely a bubble bath day." Keep plugging away, little things add up week by week even when you're scattered.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...