Sunday, November 19, 2006

Best Quote I've Heard all Week...

Listening to the Splendid Table this noon I heard this interview of Danny Meyer. He said the most striking thing:

"Hospitality consists of passing on the four things we recieve at birth: a smile, eye contact, a hug, and nourishing food."

What a simple and profound statement. Something to think about as we dig our heels in and head into the holiday season.

His focus of: "Your guests will seldom remember what you served, but they will remember the experience of the meal and how it made them feel." is similar to the words of my friend Mary, an elementary school teacher: "They won't always remember what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel."

I've already been to our library website and reserved his book. Now for the challenge of applying the sentiments.

Wishing all who read here a blessed Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info about WeaveCast. This was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Valerie. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving as well Valerie!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...