Thursday, October 19, 2006

Re-published...

Now that it's officially in print and online, I'll take the risk of publicly stating that one of my designs has been re-published. It's not really a design, more like a gimmick use of inkle weaving. Take a look at Deck the Halls.

Mine is the item number 12. They asked permission to reprint an 8 harness twill Christmas card insert, but it's not in the 15 items pictured. Perhaps it's one of the remaining 5 items in the e-book. Or, perhaps it's not there at all...(shrug).

Since my last entry, I made a whirlwind trip to Pa. to visit my sister, sister-in-law, and other family members. My sister gifted me with a delicious alpaca fleece (tones of grey and very soft) which she obtained when she helped at shearing day on an alpaca farm. I don't know which alpaca farm...but they surely do a nice job with the fiber.

I spent last evening spinning some samples. Pictures to follow, when the samples are dry.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations! The candy cane holder is very clever. A good incentive to look into getting an inkle loom :)

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...