Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Mixed Message...
Earlier this week I received this wonderful, handcrafted shawl pin from Cathy



It is shown here on the in progress Print O' The Wave Stole

A few weeks ago, I mailed Cathy a book by Ivan Doig because he writes in a style I thought she might like. She mailed this as a thank you. It's lovely. No thank you gift was needed, but this one is much appreciated. Thank you, Cathy.

Last Friday was thick and humid, causing me to think I needed a haircut. My usual stylist wasn't in, so I was assigned to a young woman who lived in Vietnam until she was 13, then moved to Missipi (USA) for 10 years, and recently moved to Michigan. I can usually understand most people who have an accent, but I was totally lost with her English with a Vietnamese, deep south accent. I'm not sure which question she asked me that the answer produced this spikey haircut. But this is the best I can do with it. Otherwise...it's straight up and out all over my head.



My hair grows quickly....so I just pretend that there's nothing strange about a head full of cowlicks on a middle aged woman for awhile...

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! That's the main reason why I haven't been to a stylist in 5 years. She'd have a bad day, then I'd have a bad month while it grew back. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic thank you gift! Nothing better than something made by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know where to post a comment, but have just looked through your hummingbird pictures and notes. Absolutely awesome!!! I can't believe they are SO tiny when hatched. Beautiful pix.. I'm considering getting the camera you mentioned. Happy to see some photos taken with it.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...