Saturday, April 01, 2006

An update from me?!...must be an April Fool's prank.

Not really. Here is the Alpaca Lace Cardy to date. Next step is to pick up sleeve stitches at the armhole and knit down. The colors are a bit washed out in the photo. Imagine it a tad more saturated toward the teal shade.


Here's a little closer look.


I've continued to wash locks and sample the fleeces from the last post. I did order 2# of the fourth sample (the grey multi-color). That wasn't my first pick when the sampling started.

Keep in mind that my spinning focus right now is headed to gossamer weight yarn. That's entirely different than lace weight. From sampling so far, each of these samples will make a suitable lace weight yarn. But getting to gossamer has been a stretch.

Meanwhile, I've come up with some tricks for spinning & plying samples. But I'll save all that until the swatching is done to provide a comprehensive blog entry.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty cardi. Interesting which sample you picked. When you spin gossamer - how many plies do you use? Why? (If you ply)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the washed out photo you can see the depth of the colors (if that makes sense at all). I'll be looking forward to your spinning and plying tricks. My interest in spinning has been renewed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a tutorial on preparing/spinning gossamer yarns :) I've been trying to figure out what to do with this box-o-wool I've got all week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lace cardi looks gorgeous, even "washed out". I'm making believe you didn't offer to give contact info for the fleece person in your last post. Because .... I really can't. But I want to. But I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...