Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Valentine Shopping...

I've enjoyed stopping by The Princess Diaries periodically to see how they are getting along with the Princess shawl. So far Ted and K. are documenting the things I like most in starting a new project: problem solving and decision making.

Of course, one can not observe something so delectable without whetting one's appetite. However, the Princess is a limited edition and they are all gone.

So, I cruised through the Heirloom Knitting Website and picked out another delicacy for myself: The Wedding Ring Shawl.
Go ahead, click on the picture while you're there. There are 5 different views of the shawl. Also note that the pattern comes with knittable swatches of different yarns and a suggestion to wait until sampling before making a final yarn decision.

How could I resist? I ordered myself a copy, printed the receipt and put it with dh's mail. When I got home from yoga last night, I said, "Thanks for the Valentine's Day present." We'll attribute his blank look to the fact he's facing a root canal tomorrow.

I'm not sure why I've been on such a lace knitting binge lately. Perhaps backlash against chunky, ugly knits? Regardless, I'm looking forward to the arrival of The Wedding Shawl pattern....A sweet little Valentines Day confection.

Now, if I only had such a good idea for dh's Valentine....(perhaps a shot of Jack Daniels for that tooth!)

3 comments:

  1. I think my heart almost stopped when I looked at the close ups of that shawl. This may be the cause of my finally breaking down and ordering from Sharon Miller's site.

    Are you planning to start on it soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hard core knitters amase me! That is the most beautiful thing that I have seen in a long time. Have fun! I am struggling to finish my first pair of socks;-) I think that I may be ready for such a project as one of those lace shawls in about 2 or 3 hundred years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:37 PM

    You Lucky Girl,
    I checked the beautiful wedding ring shawl and it was still available---went and checked TPD web site and went back to H-Knits and all 250 copies have SOLD OUT.
    Have fun dear sister.
    Hugs,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...